12 09 2018 | by Victor Xing | Capital Markets
10 14 2018 | by Victor Xing | Capital Markets
Roundabout path in the snap-back of long-term bond yields
09 23 2018 | by Victor Xing | Central Banks
Calm before the storm as quantitative tightening looms
05 20 2018 | by Victor Xing | Central Banks
Alternative narrative on the natural rate of interest
01 07 2018 | by Victor Xing | Capital Markets
Flatter yield curve a symptom of ineffective tightening
12 04 2017 | by Victor Xing | Central Banks
Bond market term premium and wolves of Yellowstone
10 17 2017 | by Victor Xing | Capital Markets
How we learned to stop worrying and love the “fake markets”
09 20 2017 | by Victor Xing | Central Banks
QE’s distributional effects a rising political liability
04 18 2017 | by Victor Xing | Capital Markets
Persistent low volatility threatens active fund managers
02 17 2017 | by Victor Xing | Economics
Looming risks through the prism of bifurcated housing market
12 11 2015 | by Victor Xing | Central Banks
Where do central banks get their funding?
- : system that allows depository institutions send each other electronic credit and debit transfers
- : check collection services for depository institutions
- : provide cash services to banks, saving and loans, and credit credit unions. This is related to questions such as “ “
- : real-time gross settlement system
- : security settlement system
- : the Federal Reserve Banks maintain the Treasury’s operating account, accept deposits, pay checks drawn on the Treasury, and make electronic payments on behalf of government agencies. The FRBs also process food coupons and U.S. postal money orders, to name a few
- : allows participants in private-sector clearing arrangements to exchange and settle transactions through a designated account held at the Federal Reserve Banks
- The average daily balance of the Federal Reserve SOMA holdings was approximately $4.2 trillion during the first three quarters of 2015.
- Net earnings from the portfolio were approximately $84.0 billion; most of the earnings were attributable to interest income on Treasury securities and federal agency and GSE MBS.
- Total net income for the Maiden Lane LLC was $30.0 million during the first three quarters of 2015.
- After providing for the payment of dividends and reserving an amount necessary to equate surplus with capital paid in, the Reserve Banks remitted $73.6 billion to the Treasury during the first three quarters of 2015
Next article12 11 2015 | by Victor Xing | Capital Markets