12 04 2017 | by Victor Xing | Central Banks
10 17 2017 | by Victor Xing | Capital Markets
How we learned to stop worrying and love the “fake markets”
09 20 2017 | by Victor Xing | Central Banks
QE’s distributional effects a rising political liability
04 18 2017 | by Victor Xing | Capital Markets
Persistent low volatility threatens active fund managers
02 17 2017 | by Victor Xing | Economics
Looming risks through the prism of bifurcated housing market
01 11 2017 | by Victor Xing | Economics
Financial risk contagion: China’s capital outflow
12 22 2016 | by Victor Xing | Economics
November PCE: dollar strength weighed on goods inflation
12 14 2016 | by Victor Xing | Central Banks
A less-hawkish interpretation of the December FOMC
12 02 2016 | by Victor Xing | Economics
November Payrolls and Governor Powell on risk management
11 15 2016 | by Victor Xing | Central Banks
November FOMC minutes and debates behind guidance change
12 11 2015 | by Victor Xing | Central Banks
Where do central banks get their funding?
- : system that allows depository institutions send each other electronic credit and debit transfers
- : check collection services for depository institutions
- : provide cash services to banks, saving and loans, and credit credit unions. This is related to questions such as “ “
- : real-time gross settlement system
- : security settlement system
- : the Federal Reserve Banks maintain the Treasury’s operating account, accept deposits, pay checks drawn on the Treasury, and make electronic payments on behalf of government agencies. The FRBs also process food coupons and U.S. postal money orders, to name a few
- : allows participants in private-sector clearing arrangements to exchange and settle transactions through a designated account held at the Federal Reserve Banks
- The average daily balance of the Federal Reserve SOMA holdings was approximately $4.2 trillion during the first three quarters of 2015.
- Net earnings from the portfolio were approximately $84.0 billion; most of the earnings were attributable to interest income on Treasury securities and federal agency and GSE MBS.
- Total net income for the Maiden Lane LLC was $30.0 million during the first three quarters of 2015.
- After providing for the payment of dividends and reserving an amount necessary to equate surplus with capital paid in, the Reserve Banks remitted $73.6 billion to the Treasury during the first three quarters of 2015
Next article12 11 2015 | by Victor Xing | Capital Markets